Since lockdown rules have eased, you have to admit it feels good to be able to eat out again.
I was really craving a Pizza Express treat the other day so me and my partner decided to have a midweek evening out.
If you want to know how we only ended up paying half of what our total bill was read below for my money saving tips.
- Sign up to restaurants websites/newsletter as they will email you offers from time to time. I received a voucher from Pizza Express, offering a free classic pizza when paying for any other main. Cha ching, this worked out perfectly as we were ordering two mains anyway.
- Check any offers your bank account may provide. These days banks are very competitive and offer a lot of discounts and free perks for holding an account with them. I have a Reward Account with Natwest, which I do pay for but the charge gets cancelled out by the monthly monetary rewards I receive from this account. One of the free perks I get is a Tastecard membership. Tastecard offer a lot of 2 for 1 deals at a number of eateries, if you dine from Sunday to Thursday. Unfortunately, I could not use this offer at Pizza Express but it is a gem of an eating out saving app.
- Check to see if your employer offers any kind of access to a rewards website. My employer provides all employees with access to a Reward Gateway website, which provides amazing savings. To date I have saved £1534.85 using this Reward Gateway website. So they had an offer on for Pizza Express, where you buy a voucher and you use that to pay your bill with, however, the voucher comes with a 10% saving, so you instantly pay 10% less. Love this feature, so I usually buy my voucher at the table, when I get the bill and know what the total is. It’s so handy and easy to use. I access it on my phone, log in, purchase my voucher, download it and show it to the Waiter/Waitress and they scan the barcode on the voucher and that is what I use as my payment method. So on Tuesday, I needed a voucher for £29.00 in total, I purchased this but only paid £26.10.
- I also had a £10.00 voucher to use at Pizza Express. This is a voucher I claimed for free from an App called Pointvoucher, I will do a separate feature on this great App.
- If you work in a profession where you can qualify for the Blue Light Card, I definitely recommend it as this is another way to get great savings. Although I did not use it at Pizza Express, I used it another restaurant a few weeks ago and you get a great saving on your full bill, including drinks!
Our total bill was £50.25 but we only paid £26.10!!
- I used a £10.00 Pizza Express voucher
- Used a voucher which deducted the cost of one main (-£10.95)
- Received 10% off the remaining £29.30 that was left to pay and only paid £26.10 using my work’s Reward Gateway site.